Monday, August 31, 2009

Bump Mapping

Lately I've been looking at bump mapping, a technique which adds actual 3d texture to something. You can see an example I made here:















After playing System Shock 2 and Half Life 2 I'm really inspired to make a 3d game. However, I am terrible at making, animating, and texturing people or creatures. Environments are more towards my strong suit. I'm also trying to wait until I finish my current project.


Edit:
Here's one that looks much better:

3 comments:

  1. Looks good, ninjutsu! I haven't seen anything on Urban Odyssey in a while, are you still working on it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't say I am. I was just too frustrated by the inflexible coding I had been doing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, that's a shame. It looked like it was going really well. I do understand how frustrating it can be to code an rpg, though. Good luck on whatever projects you move on to!

    ReplyDelete