Thursday, February 4, 2010

Beginning Project: Make a Game

I like to consider myself an Indie Games Developer. I've thought of myself that way for at least two years. However, in that span of time I have failed to make a single game. Therefore I am beginning Project: Make a Game.
The goal? Make a game in one week. Starting this Thursday night, I must have a complete game playable from start to finish by next Thursday. If I fail? I'll never call myself an Indie Games Developer again.

The requirements for this game will be minimal.
-It must have a menu (I hate games without menus)
-It must have some kind of story (just to make it interesting for me)
-It must be a complete game. A few bugs or glitches are fine, but it players should see a definite start and finish when playing the game.

I'm not going to have any rules restricting me from using any code, engines or sprites that have already been created, as long as I'm the one who created it.

Wish me luck, and I hope you enjoy the results.

3 comments:

  1. Wishing you luck ;P you'll need it lol

    -turboRamble

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I should try something like this just to force a game out of me.

    Or maybe we all should...and call it a competition. o_0

    ReplyDelete