Sunday, March 15, 2009

Island Devblog 1

Island is the game I am currently working on. It will be a top down open world game, where you play as person stranded upon an island. Three tribe-like factions live upon the island. You will have to trade with these factions to get a chance for water, food, equipment, and a small chance of escaping the island.

One of my main influences when designing the game, was the original Fallout. It's one of my favorite games. I was inspired by its open world setting, which made you make choices, many of which fell in the gray area between good and evil. It's atmosphere was also spot on. I can only hope my game will have some of those qualities.

Unfortunately, I haven't gotten as much time to work on it as I'd like, as my computer died. Now, I've built a new computer, but haven't been able to activate gamemaker's pro functions yet.

In the meantime, here's a character in the game:

2 comments:

  1. This would be epic if you finished it. I love open world games and the idea sounds like it could really go places.

    I hate how the pro thing works now... my GM randomly un-registeres its self every few weeks...

    The sprite looks good too by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment.
    The pro thing is really frustrating. If I don't get it working by the end of today, I might have to take some drastic action.

    ReplyDelete