Thursday, March 19, 2009

Island Devblog 3... and then some

Finally, I've got a pro version of gamemaker up and running on my computer. Now I see why so many people dislike Vista. So I've had some time to work on Island. I've got the basic mechanics of walking and shooting down, as well as a couple basic enemies. Now I'm working on the more advanced gameplay mechanics such as NPC interaction (conversation, bartering, etc...) and survival mechanics (hunger, thirst, exhaustion, disease, etc...).
Here's an early screenshot:





















I've also been playing the addictive freeware game Spelunky, which is amazingly addictive. I highly recommend it if you've got some time to spare.
Also, I'll be going on vacation for the next few days, so don't be surprised if I don't respond to communications. See you soon!

2 comments: