Saturday, January 9, 2010

Kindle

Recently, I got a Kindle. I'm not quite ready to abandon paper books, but I love the ability to read PDFs on it. I have a ton of PDFs on my computer which I don't want to read because reading on a computer is very tedious. However, its much easier on a Kindle because it doesn't strain your eyes anymore then reading a normal book does.

The other thing I like about it is the large amount of books which are either free, or less then two dollars. Most of these are classics, like the Iliad, and are still a lot of fun to read. Because of the free wireless, you can download one of these free books whenever and wherever you want, which is really cool. In a month or two, I'll probably have made up the up front cost of the Kindle by buying these cheap books.

6 comments:

  1. You can download a book anywhere? Like even without a wireless network?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Can you use that connection for anything else?

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a basic web browser, currently in the experimental stage. Its rather slow, but is useful if you want to check your Twitter or look at an article on Wikipedia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of a reader before, I'll have to check them out.

    *checks Kindle out*

    Aw, now I want one! :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I didn't think I would want one, but there are a lot of features which really make it worth it,like the ability to add in annotations, and look up words in the dictionary, among others.

    ReplyDelete